Horticultural Therapist & Consultant
Gardening For Life uses gardening and plant related activities as an alternative, therapeutic tool for rehabilitation and long-term care facilities. Horticultural Therapy can help to achieve the care plan goals that have been determined for individuals. Gardening For Life develops HT programming ideas to meet the needs of your facility.
Horticultural Therapy Consulting
& Program Development
- Create Indoor and Outdoor Gardens - growing areas to implement year round Horticultural Therapy activities.
- Programming – professionally conducted programs designed to improve physical, cognitive, emotional and social functioning .
- Training – Horticultural Therapy training for health care professionals.
George Brown College Instructor : Continuing Education - Professional Development For Community Service Professionals:
Horticultural Therapy in Long-Term Care
(Course Code GERT 9008: Beginning November 2009 & February 2010)
CLICK HERE for Online Registration
- Intended for activation or recreation staff in long term care facilities, this course explores the therapeutic use of gardening and plant-related activities to enhance a person’s physical, cognitive, emotional and social functioning. Discover how assessment, program planning, safety and documentation are important elements of Horticultural Therapy (HT) programs. Develop the basic horticultural skills needed to produce HT programs, including analyzing growing conditions, organic gardening techniques and plant propagation.
- Prerequisites: You must have experience or education in long-term care (e.g., activation, nursing, occupational therapy, physical therapy, recreational therapy)
- Gardening Workshops - instruction for all those caring for the gardens including other staff, volunteers and family members.
- Enabling Tools – selecting gardening tools designed to meet special needs.